Monday, August 20, 2007

AT FIRST, I AFRAID YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY CANADIAN TEACHER IN HERE...

It's customary for Korean students in the Philippines to give their teachers small gifts and notes of appreciation when they hightail it back to their homeland, so I thought I'd offer a sample of some of the notes I was given this morning. Along with numerous trinkets, pens and pencil cases, I received the following messages from my group of nine-to-fourteen year olds; the grammar and spelling are not quite stellar, but they did their best, and the sentiment is sincere, and much appreciated, irregardless of the syntax:


Dear. teacher Scott.

Hello! my pronunciation teacher.
You teach me eagerly. so
My English pronunciation is better
than after go here.
Pronunication is very important
subject.
Thank you teacher.
You are very funny man.

From your student
Mark

************************************

Hello, Good morning!
I haven't been
writing a letter to you.
So I feel something strange.
But you're a good teacher
in my phonics class. Also you
are a good teacher because you didn't give me a lot of homework!
Anyway. Thanks for your good
teaching.
I will
miss you
in
Korea.
O
Bye. See
you
again.

From.
Shelter

****************************

Teacher Scott
Hi! teacher scott.
thanks for with me.
thank you very much
Scott teacher.
bye, teacher scott!
Bye!

*******************************

Dear T.scott

Hello? Teacher. I'm Jeoun. Thank you for teach
me, If I see you again I'm very happy. bye
Teacher, I miss you

************************************

Hello! I'm Sky
You are is very god
thank for teachme
bye teacher see you
agin

**************************************

Dear teacher Scott
Hi. I'm your student Jack Before long
I should go back to Korea I become higher
in pronunciation because of you
If I see you again in Canada. Could you
explain about Canada. I'll miss you.
Bye-bye ^ kind ^ teacher Scott.

from. Jack

*****************************************

Hi, teacher
SCOTT!
I am Stella.
I was very glad
to meet you
again. Hahaha
take care!
You are a very
good teacher.
Your pronou-
ciation class was nice!
So...Bye
bye!

(accompanied by a drawing of me in a kimono, holding a sword, with the caption: "LEFT-HANDED SAMURAI")


*******************************************

Dear. Teacher Scott

Hi, teacher!!

I'm Liz.

How are you today??

I'm fine.

I miss you.

Bye Bye

From Liz

***********************************

Dear. Scott.

Hello, Scott. I'm your student, Terry. At first,
I afraid you, because you are the only Canadian teacher
in here. but you are a good teacher for me.
and you are very funny. You gag is gentle,
but very funny. Thank you for teach me,
and I'll miss you.

Bye-bye,

From. Terry

No comments: